Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Posting Signs

Our family has been blessed with shared stewardship of an amazing island off the coast of Maine. It is a place like no other...salty ocean breezes, woods filled with paths and fairy houses, a not too high mountain to climb and gaze down over the bay...I could go on and on. Well, over the last couple of years, we decided we needed to update the signage posted around the perimeter of the island. I took this job on - utilized a local sign maker to do the manufacturing of the signs and then posting the new signs. Over the weekend, we posted around approximately half of the island - will need to finish in the spring, but what a beautiful fall day it was! It is rare that I am out on the island this late in the fall - what a treat...

Yes, I am rockin' the green nail polish thanks to my 5 year old ;)







One of my trusty companion helpers...



Picked up a ton of trash from the shoreline...



Putting the island to sleep for the winter is bitter sweet. The boats and docks will be pulled in a week and we will dream of summer island days and nights. Until next spring dear isle...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds like the most wonderful spot. How wonderful to share in the stewardship of such a lovely island.

    ReplyDelete